Tuesday, July 22, 2008

the shoes!



So after being inspired by the cutest baby shoes on the planet I've attempted to make some.

Who would have thunk it but they actually worked! I found them a bit fiddly but I guess thats to be expected when making tiny things! I've got a load more cut and ready to go, its a just a bit of a pain trying to sew and then iron what you've just sewn with Sean wreaking havoc! I'm planning on making a little dress and matching headband in the tulip fabric for a xmas present. Hopefully it all works - never made baby clothes before.

I've also been introduced to the world of loom knitting - its soooo fast and soooo easy. I'm making a gorgeous baby blue cocoon and matching beanie to take some pics of this next bub when he arrives (3 months to go... bring it on!)

5 comments:

Ellie said...

They loook excellent. What tutorial did you use..I keep procrastinating on these ones.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love them!!! When Mike finally agrees to another one, I hope you know that I expect you to make shoes for me. :)

Gilly said...

OMG they are soooo gorgeous! Beautiful and I love the fabric too! well done!

Marns said...

You are so clever.

I have "tagged" you, if you want to play read my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi , I also would like to know what pattern you used. Those shoes are gorgeous!