Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome







After finally letting the baby blog lapse, I'm back in the world of blogging with a crafty blog.

I should be better at updating this one as the eb newbie sewers provide me with endless inspiration and excuses for trips to spotlight, plus it doesn't seem likely that Sean and new bub will stop growing anytime soon either!

So here are some pics of past craftiness to "get the party started" so to speak.

We start with a duck. A completely edible yellow fondant duck from Seans 1st birthday cake. The bath cake itself turned out pretty well for a night before type job.

Taking photo's seems to be a huge drawcard with a little one around so here are a couple of my faves of my little man. I'm so glad I live in the age of digital cameras, now if I could just convince Yot that we need a digital SLR then my photography would really look special!

Oh and a yummy little baby shower cake and equally yummy - though more healthy (it has fruit) 4 tier wedding cake for J&J. Proudly decorated while looking after my own 6 month old Sean plus an 18month old and a 4 year old. Imagine what it would have looked like had I had some peace and quiet!

Over the weekend I'll come back and post some of my attempts at sewing seeing as thats what the blog was inspired by and will probably contain the most of. Although to date there isn't much pretty or exciting going on there. A bunch of bamboo cloth nappies, an assortment of pj pants, a GIANT pink hoodie for my fat pregnant self and some other random bits and pieces.

3 comments:

Leah said...

yippee! I'm the first comment. Love your cakes, very clever girl indeed! I love the wedding cake, looks delish. Can't wait to see more of your cleverness!

Ellie said...

WOW those cakes are excellent. I love the berry one.

Carolina said...

Your berry cake is inspired!Well done